On May 5, the Thursday Club awarded nine local high school seniors with college scholarships, eight from the Club’s Foundation and one from the Greenawalt Foundation Scholarship named in memory of Denise Greenawalt, daughter of Dotty Greenawalt. The students, who had a combined average GPA of 4.34, were chosen based not only on their academic achievements, but also their community service and future potential. Mayor Len Pieroni gave an inspirational speech to the scholarship recipients and their families at the Scholarship Tea.
The recipients of the Foundation Scholarship are:
- Kelly Carney, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
- Greg Grigorian, St. Francis
- Olivia Guerra, Polytechnic School
- Kyla Kikkawa, Flintridge Preparatory School
- Veronica Muller, La Cañada High School
- Maddie Odell, La Cañada High School
- Tomas Quiroz, St. Francis
- Henry Vaughn, La Cañada High School
The recipient of the Greenawalt Scholarship is John Balog of St. Francis, who was selected based on his academic record, as well as his spirit, energy, and tenacity in overcoming an obstacle.
Congratulations to all of our scholarship recipients!
Front L-R: Kyla Kikkawa, Greg Grigorian, Maddie Odell, John Balog, Olivia Guerra
Back L-R: Tomas Quiroz, Kelly Carney, Henry Vaughn, Veronica Muller